Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Monday, December 25, 2006

I did not plan to wait this long

Christmas Day has come and is going as I write this. While I knew I was going to be pushing finishing the hand made gifts I am working on I thought I would have them done by the time there were needed. Well I am still wondering. While Sunday the 17 my DH and dad offered for us to host Christmas dinner for my side of the family here. It was Wednesday about 5-5:30 before that was settled. It would be here. I had to finish the gifts plan the menu and should and cook.

Thursday rolled around and ds 19 finally found his way home from college. I went to the high school wrestling meet and my cell phone started ringing.

My brother had dropped in on my parents and found mom missing. Well she had fallen out of bed and was stuck between the wall and the bed under the bed. Hitting her head, getting a big black eye. Ouch. He also found dad having a hard time breathing. So they went to the hospital. Mom was released before I could get to her room Friday, they checked to see if she had had another stroke, or blood clots from the bruises. Dad wanted her taken to Manor Care Nursing Home, so my brothers did that. Dad has been the big concern. He went from a regular room with pneumonia, congestive heart failure, kidney problem and his diabetes going nuts to ICU, so they could keep a closer eye on him. So I got over there to find out what was going on. Dad was medicated heavily, yet knew I was there, I think. We could not have a conversation. Saturday things got interesting dad got worse as the day went on, and as the nurse had me thinking he would be back in a regular room in a day or so. Sunday he was put on a ventilator ripped it out and impaled a second time. So today I called and the nurse said he was not doing well, he was in critical condition and having a lot of problems. So we switched plans yet again and headed to the hospital. We arrived about mid day. It was scary. Dad's skin was clammy feeling, grey looking, temp was high. His kidneys are not being a problem at this point for which we are thankful. However, his pneumonia has caused his whole body to be infected with septicemia. They sedated dad and have backed it off many times but they need him to lay still and fight the infections. After stopping in and seeing mom and not getting her receipt that we went for and after they changed her she walked out saw us and walked off we choose to leave. We went over to the W's sat and visited, opened presents, ate. I was told to sit and relax while dishes were being done. While I tried to do that I thought about the conversation that told me to go check on my parents house, and my dad. So we left the boys at Gandpa W's, and went to the house and then the hospital for about and hour. As visiting hours ended for the day we headed back to get the boys come home and here I am. I need to talk to the doctors in the morning so I better go.

The Christmas here has been postponed until who knows when. We need to get dad off the wet blanket, the artifical breathing (ventilator), get his blood presure to stay stable for some time, get him off of sedation, better not forget get rid of the pnuemonia and septicemia. I hope that is all. enough for today. I need to post a couple of other things.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map