Done
I finished the Iris Garden socks today for the 6 sox KAL. I even got a couple of pictures before the sun set! Now I have to decide which to post tonight yet. With the help of a couple people who chose the same picture the decision was to use the picture with them hanging at the school while waiting a minute to pick up ds 13 from wrestling practice. They qualify for the drawing too. I can squeeze my feet into them so they are adult sized socks. =-)
Yet they are tight and I plan to give them to the one son at home who does not have a pair of hand knit socks yet. ;-)As you can see I finally got around to taking a picture of the Mid-month (November) 2006 KAL dishcloth. Is it nice? I think so
bigger than I like them but beautiful.I learned some new things with both of these patterns. With the dishcloth I learned how to make bobbles, this was a first for me. With the Iris Garden Socks I practiced both English (American) knitting with my right hand while doing for me the seldom practiced Continental knitting with my left hand in the same row. So that was a first putting them both together. While I learned to read a chart on a pattern with this group last year, I got to use that again, too. This was my second pair of toe up socks and I like making them both ways. I used a different start with this pair. I started these twice as I did not like the patterns recommended figure 8 cast on. I used Knitty’s easy toe and modified it to this pattern. This was a first double knit pattern for me and a first Fair Isle pattern for me. (as the stranding is a form of double knitting.) I messed up the braid at the top but I think it looks fine.
One thing has bothered me all day. I am not booked for the night. for the last 5 years I have had a wrestling meet ot be at tonight watching my son wrestle in the highschool, yet not this year. It also took all my Saturdays away to cheer my son on, this is weird to be home. Now back to school, and finishing up Sophie which is on the handle! almost done. =-) I will have three new KAL's tomorrow, I think, 6sox and Monthly KAL for sure, the maybe is will Bag A Holics post the new pattern or not. I should make Betty's for November I always seem to be behind with that one. I should check in on what is going on with Felted Bags too. I need to make copies for piano lessons and catch up laundry again. Life. (sigh)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home