Off to state!!!
Iowa High School Athletic Association annually has state competitions at the end of sporting seasons. being a graduate of Waterloo's East High School they have a soft place in my heart. Having my sons participate from Dubuque's Senior High School has me follow them all season. While I never want to miss my sons competing. It can get costly. Cross Country I think is my favorite high school sport and was before I started running. Yet as a fan of CC or XC you run if you want to watch them. LOL So I have went to Fort Dodge for the last 5 seasons the first was to see my oldest son run his slowest race as we learned he had mono two weeks later. Yet That same son loved wrestling. Well not this mom. Yet his freshman year he was begging to go and willing to pay for his ticket. I was stir crazy stuck at home with the children driving me nuts alone for the day. and said I need to get out of her and go some where. When DH walked in the door about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I said I need to get away and get out of here for a bit. Little did I know were that trip would bring me to. Yes, 4 hours to Des Moines for the State wrestling tournament. It is the best wrestling tournament I have seen! I only missed the ice storm year right after dad died. I was stuck in Dubuque, with tickets to the UNI basket ball game I could not get too. While dh and a son were stuck here with wrestling tickets for Des Moines. While we only had one guy make it out of districts he is doing well so we will see him wrestle tomorrow afternoon. DH has his annual job review due in west Des Moines, We have our ticket for the Championship round. You have to by them December 1 when wrestling season starts, because it sells out that day. So we have the boys all going some where or answering to some one. and off we are going for a few days.
We are looking for a good church around there for ds # 2 if he goes to college at Simpson, So staying over for that.
Last year we had the LONGest drive home ever. We left Des Moines Saturday night, bad weather was predicted. We drove up I 35 to highway 20 normal, we started to see car in the ditch from there to Waterloo. Still we had made fair timing. Yet the 100miles from Waterloo to home took 4 hours! When we were too tired to make the trip! The fastest we could safely go was 35 mph. much of the trip was 25 mph. I prayed all the way. that might be why I pressed for the plans we have this year.
Not as good of a school day today, distract minds never help. People going this way and that. So Go Bryce Lin(n) from Senior High! And Go East High! Then I am torn between cheering for the MVC our conference schools or Waverly Shell Rock who was in our district this year, and is where my sons grandpa school would be if he graduated now instead of then before they consolidated.
We are looking for a good church around there for ds # 2 if he goes to college at Simpson, So staying over for that.
Last year we had the LONGest drive home ever. We left Des Moines Saturday night, bad weather was predicted. We drove up I 35 to highway 20 normal, we started to see car in the ditch from there to Waterloo. Still we had made fair timing. Yet the 100miles from Waterloo to home took 4 hours! When we were too tired to make the trip! The fastest we could safely go was 35 mph. much of the trip was 25 mph. I prayed all the way. that might be why I pressed for the plans we have this year.
Not as good of a school day today, distract minds never help. People going this way and that. So Go Bryce Lin(n) from Senior High! And Go East High! Then I am torn between cheering for the MVC our conference schools or Waverly Shell Rock who was in our district this year, and is where my sons grandpa school would be if he graduated now instead of then before they consolidated.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home