Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wrestling, Son(s), Weight, Snow/Shoveling

Miscommuniction.?.

Yesterday we drive to Cedar Rapids, buy super as we are driving, pay to get into the wrestling meet only to find we had waisted our time and money. The only other parents that went to this out of town, make up wrestling meet handed me a line up. They had a match scheduled for our son, but not the 4 weight classes ahead of him. They forfitted 5 weight classes and we did two, none of which were the same. So out of 14 matches they were only having 7. The guy they had on the schedule to wrestle our son wrestled JV, who knows why, could be any thing from disaplining him to missing weigthor who knows. Then another boy wrestled 130 who was not on the schedule. Our 145 pounder got down to 140, and wrestled off for 140 and won. GO Curt! So our 140 pounder wrestled off our son for the 135 pound slot but lost. Yet being a senoir wanted a varsity slot so went up to 145#. Both our 140 and our 145 pound guys had a hard wrestled match and won. Yet should have they been in the normal places I think we would have lost 140 and won 145. While our 285 pounder had been beat by his opponet last year in districts. It took triple overtime for our guy to come out on top this time around. Way to go Scott! I am hoping our 215#, and 189# wrestlers are able to go down one weight class each. When our 215# from last year is eligible again. He has not suited up last Thursday or last night. While he has promised me he would be, coaches have other thoughts and in his case I am sure this is good. He is a trouble maker you can see it in his eyes.

The drive home was terrible! It started snowing while we were at the short meet. You could not see the road most of the drive! There was a semi in front of us for more than 15 minutes that all you could see was his headlight on the sid eof the ditch! He had passed us and dissapeared in a couple of seconds. We knew he was there, yet the cloud of snow that trailed covered his tail lights and more. We did pass him just before the 151 curve that narrows to one lane still we would have liked to get away from him sooner I think he passed up near Monticello, Iowa.

I have not gone to weight watchers since the first of the year. Today I still needed to drop at least 1.3 pound to go back 3.3 would be better! I will check again tomorrow.

Public School was cancled for today so we are off to a bad start today. Last night ds15 called about 20 minutes away, just as we arrived back home. Talked to ds 12, who did not deliver the message. We weighted for a hour for ds15 to call wondering why it was taking so long. When he called he asked where we were, and said the coaches would bring him home. Then this morning we went to the college to run. Dh got ready to go and dissapeared. I stopped and wnet to walk home. No sign of him, but the car was still there. He has walked off many times so I said maybe I can pick him up. I drive home only to get a call I left him there. So I drove back to find him walking home! Mad at me of course. We need a good day of school at the house.

We must get out shoveling. Boy was it cold! Yet most places went quick!There was a lot of snow still the light fluffy stuff so it was quick to move. Good thing since my fingers were stinging with pain from cold inside of 15 minutes working. We got to Maas' before they had gotten out so they were thrilled.While the other did not come out I do not know if they were home or not.The one with out a garage the car was gone, he does poor poeples taxes this time of year for free.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map