Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I think I am ready!

Let me tell you I am very excited about Thanksgiving. I have been scared and over whelmed about hosting it the two other times I have tried and this year I am very excited. Maybe because I have know in my heart since dads birthday I would not be going there. So I had more time to prepare. I think both of the other times I knew on or about November 11, and panicked. I have thought about it slowly. I made Pumpkin (for the W's) and Pecan Pie (for mom) on Tuesday. Today I made Green Bean casserole for my brothers family, candy Bar Pie (Thank you, Joanna Lund) then I chopped and measured all the stuffing ingredients, cooked the sausage, made the Mashed Potatoes, went to church came home and made the stuffing.

So I am ready I think. Plan is to get up at 6:15 Bring up the bird (I am Thankful it IS thawed.) rinse it and stuff it. Get in the oven by 7. =-)

Get the tables set up and arranged.

Open there Cranberries.
Start the Lima Beans at 10:30
Get second oven going.
Bake the Mashed Potatoes about 10:45
Green bean casserole about 11:00
Pull the bird out cooked. Put the stuffing in a serving dish,
Make the gravy. Carve up the bird and serve at 11:30

Still need to look up the rolls time and temperature.

Do not let the nieces see any of the pies until I am ready to serve them.

I think it a bit much to hope the boys will do dishes. I know They try to take the holiday off. Mom cannot do it and sister in law has to go to work and I will not allow our guest who just had a baby to do them. Still between the dish washer and the boys, disposable plates and cups it should not be too bad. Note serve dads (store bought) pecan pie first! Or give mom one of mine and the nieces and my boys the bought one. =-)

I know I must be forgetting something but I am not sure what, I hope I remember before I Look foolish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map