Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Friday, January 11, 2008

What a Day!

I had been up to late the night before. I knew ds 17 needed me to be up early to run him to school. He woke me up when he wanted to be there. So I threw on my skirt and sweater from the day before and ran him to school. As I returned home ds 14 called and reminded me we needed milk for breakfast. So with out getting out of the mini van I drove to the store to purchase 4 gallons of milk. Once there i found they had 1/2 gallons on sale one day only for 1.19 limit 4. Now two other store when they do this put a limit of 10 on you which is enough for this family 4 is not. You could purchase additional ones at $1.50 a 1/2 gallon which is still better than the price of a gallon and discounted. So I bought 4 walked out put them in the van and walked in and got 4 more. Then because of the sale I drove to a second one of those stores not far from this one. There I went in purchased 4 and because of the additional time and trouble I chose to get a 4th 4 half gallons. So I take the milk home get it put away and eat a hurried breakfast. When ds 9 reminds me he has a orthodontist appointment in 20 minutes. AHHH so I try to gather all the remaining sons to go, yet with was late enough ds 14 missed the bus (mini van). Ds 9 got a few braces put on his top teeth. After 2 calls from ds 14 about if I could get him to school on time or not, as I am leaving the parking lot dh called wanting to know why I was not home for him to take the mini van for new tires. So I ran ds 14 to the government school and dh came and tool the mini van to get rid of the doughnut spare I had been driving on. While leaving the company car here. Once there he learned it would take too long so he called me to come get him. I did, by the time we dropped him at the office it was time to go to my Weight Watchers meeting. So I went straight there. after a late lunch I wondered where the day had gone. I still was not dressed for the day and had been running continually. Finishing lunch about 1:30 or 2 I tried to get school in gear. Knowing I had to pick dh up at work at at 3p.m. for running. it was just a walking day for me, my last for a while as the next four are run 2 miles, run 3 miles, run 2 miles, and run 4 miles. My rest day is being moved into the mix somewhere as well. From running/walking the van was done, and it was time to go see ds 14 wrestle back at my/our high school. I forgot to mention it was snowing pretty good too. Ds 17 and I picked up the mini van. I changed in to our sons school colors red (scarlet) and Columbia blue(light) and headed out the door. I wear my school colors and sit on there side when I go back only my day kept me hopping too much to wear my orange and black. So I sat on our sons side, forgot my camera, mom's tooth floss/picks and her new search word books. While both wrestling teams have made MUCH improvement since I last saw them two years ago. East Has improved More than our sons. The 12th grade 119# got a fall our son in 21 seconds. While we did get two wins and a forfeit or two, for the team, they crushed us. There 130 or 135#er freshman made one of our better wrestler look bad. There ranked 275# beet our decent 275#er. And many more.... Dh and I are fine with that as that is our high school! We were glad to a see the discipline on the wrestling team has them looking good. They were lean and strong. GO East High!

WW said I lost 4# sorry, they can think what they want clothes make a big difference. I was only down 1 # by my scale which it is the right time to be down. Watch out for a week or two from now! It will be up again I know.

School the supervising teacher is coming tonight!

The only knitting to report is I saw a neat slip stitch sock pattern yesterday. I did have time to knit. too dark driving both ways and we got there as the varsity match was beginning. Oh I did check at the orto appointment it is now less than 18" on the preachers scarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map