Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

All went well.

I was not sure. I waited until all the stores were closed, to purchase food for our Christmas dinner we were hosting. 2030 hours Christmas eve some one should have been open, Hy-Vee (2 of the 3), Wal-mart, Econofoods, and Eagles. And no one was opening any on Christmas Day not even Eagles which had started opening for a few hours like 6-10 or 8-12 back when they were a union store. I am glad the families got to be together. We made due with whatever was in our home. Now we will save money. As I will not need to get as much. It is good dh had bought the ham a couple weeks ago and pie ingredients for Friday night party so I had those I could borrow. NO brown and serves, yet baking powder biscuits made due and my niece liked them. =-) No complaints form our 14 year old about the potatoes, I put in all the real ones we had into instant and made it work. The gray turned out nice. I missed the fruit salad and relish tray, oh well.
So we had ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, gravy, baking powder biscuits, pumpkin pie and they brought Watergate Salad, and Sara Lee pie (Cheese cake)as well as cookies, trail mix.

Uncle Eddy Clark died December 24, 2007 about 1900 hours. I fear where his soul might be.

I got to hold my nephew, knit so who can complain. Better call it a day as it is late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map