Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ready for the Iowa Caucuses!!!!!!

Yeah, This lady is ready!!!! Just around the corner now! There is no secret I love being in Iowa, because of the politics! I have been to many caucuses since reaching voting age! I do not remember one I have have missed. I started leaving my sons with a baby sitter but even they have been drug to the caucuses many times, the last 10+ years. I will not make the 14 year old miss his wrestling dual but I will only be there AFTER I get things going and if I stay the precinct chair finish my work there and then scoot over to the other site, where his home meet is happening. I was just watching you tube clips of the candidate, I am supporting and he was jammin. Yeah, I do not agree with all about him, that is one area there. I have been leery after going to the privious straw poll and having my candidate drop put of the race two months later. I did not want to do that again. Let me tell you he is catching many eyes. Where all I heard about was Romney, Gullinia, McCain, then dh would say F. Thompson. I thought who should I support. So I turn to my knees and ask the Lord to point me to who I should back. He lead me to back Huckabee. I thought I do not want to back some no name who will drop out. Well he finished 2nd unexpectedly. And I have been watching close since! Things are looking like he has a real shot. My 20 year old is going to back McCain at school. While I am backing Huckabee here and I think dh will too. There is one family with 5 adult children backing R. Paul. Which scares me they not be as reasonable as I thought they were. (His supports were angry, mean, rude and weird at the straw poll in August.) I am glad we serve a Great Big, all knowing God! At The straw poll we were all impressed with Duncan Hunter, dh and I liked John Cox as well. Sam Brownback was wonderful to have breakfast with in Des Moines in June. While he has now left the race, and backed a man I did not like. I have found I could live with him as the commander and Chief. i did not mind Tancredo dropping out as he only talked about one thing. While I liked Allan Keys may years ago when I met him at our caucus, I do not like what i have been hearing as of late. I think T. Thompson is the only one I can think of off the top of my head I did not mention but what can I say he dropped after the Iowa straw poll in Ames.

Please bring "What Really Matters" back. it is late I need to go. Knitting in hand sons in toe 17, 11 & 9. I'll be there. You be there!

weight holding. =-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map