MUS has a blog!
Wow, I learned or should say I was reminded that Math U See has a blog too! This is so neat. DS 13 was so impresses to have come all the way to Des Moines to check out what Inheritance Publications had for sale. While there a man walked by us and turn to ds 13 and said "Look!" it was Mr Demme! Ds even had Mr. Demme sign his math book! I remember when Susan, our rep, worked the booth alone, well here and here daughter. She was still doing that the year I finally made our first purchase. Then she left for a year trip to Israel and since then there has been many working the booth. Considering we have been at this home educating for 12 school years. We have been in Des Moines for NICHE conference all but 1999 when Grandpa pasted way that weekend so we went to MI for his funeral. I have never met Mr. Demme but we see him at the start of every lesson so knew him instantly.
Speaking of Math U See. Today ds 13 learned the order of operations. Where I just learned to call them by name. He uses the Parachute eXpert My Dear Aunt Sally. I liked the Please EXcuse My Dear Aunt Sally that ds 15 learned last year. It was funny me stressing every point Mr. Demme said, stopping and stopping the DVD to repeat.
Mostly today was more un-productive than I would have liked school wise. We did get a little done, just not enough for my likes.
I did make 0 point soup today, however, I am sure it has points. That whole raw verses cooked thing with carrots as well as I do not want (Pam type) spray in our home. They make the pans too hard to clean and can be too easily abused by children. No Thanks! So I know it must have a few points. I froze it for when I need it. =-)
Knitting not much to report- I did get my six socks cast on again, not at all far. I like this cast on much better that the one the pattern said to use. I wish I could remember what cast on I used in the toe up Color Blox a few months ago, I know I used what the pattern called for and things went well with it. I think I am up to row 4 LOL considering you start with 7 stitches a side and make 4 increases each row. That is still not very many stitches. Woohoo If I figured right it is all of 30 stitches now. LOL I did not count and am going to call it a day soon. I did not get the dish cloth re-photographed or any progress on the short row bag. Like I said not a real productive day.
Laundry did not even get done. I did do some. With 6 in the house I must stay on top of it or it cripples me. Yet I did make 0 point Garden vegetable Soup, to have on hand. Well I ranted enough on how it is not 0 point earlier.
Speaking of Math U See. Today ds 13 learned the order of operations. Where I just learned to call them by name. He uses the Parachute eXpert My Dear Aunt Sally. I liked the Please EXcuse My Dear Aunt Sally that ds 15 learned last year. It was funny me stressing every point Mr. Demme said, stopping and stopping the DVD to repeat.
Mostly today was more un-productive than I would have liked school wise. We did get a little done, just not enough for my likes.
I did make 0 point soup today, however, I am sure it has points. That whole raw verses cooked thing with carrots as well as I do not want (Pam type) spray in our home. They make the pans too hard to clean and can be too easily abused by children. No Thanks! So I know it must have a few points. I froze it for when I need it. =-)
Knitting not much to report- I did get my six socks cast on again, not at all far. I like this cast on much better that the one the pattern said to use. I wish I could remember what cast on I used in the toe up Color Blox a few months ago, I know I used what the pattern called for and things went well with it. I think I am up to row 4 LOL considering you start with 7 stitches a side and make 4 increases each row. That is still not very many stitches. Woohoo If I figured right it is all of 30 stitches now. LOL I did not count and am going to call it a day soon. I did not get the dish cloth re-photographed or any progress on the short row bag.
Laundry did not even get done. I did do some. With 6 in the house I must stay on top of it or it cripples me. Yet I did make 0 point Garden vegetable Soup, to have on hand. Well I ranted enough on how it is not 0 point earlier.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home