Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Life

I am getting tired of fighting for time on MY computer when they have not asked permission. Oh well, one disadvantage of the set up here at the new house, which is nicer than the old house. One day the boys will be gone and I will miss them.

Ds 13 yr. old football team lost again. We were correct the next door neighbors were there watching there son play on the opposing team. They open enroll for middle school and we open enroll high school so they will never play together.
10 & 7 year old sons played with 6 year old neighbor girl at the football game. It was nice that the neighbor lady came over and talked to me at the foot ball game for a little bit. So I went over an talked to her during the half time. That is the most we have talked since we bought this house in May. She is quite and keeps to her self/house. We are always talking to her husband and daughter though.

Hold the presses!!! ds 15 wants to swim! WHAT! We are both caving on allowing the thought of it. What joy no high school wrestling meets this year! The first time in 5 years and since the oldest was in Jr high here would be 7 years. Never fear the 13 year old still wants to wrestle at the middle school, so I will have two months of it to endure. He will have to wear more than those little trunks if he does. I wonder how this will all play out. The problem is the immodesty of the dress. (Wrestling is not [really] much better, a singlet does cover a little more.)

Knitting update -I finished assembly of the bag I am making for the International Tote Exchange 2. I plan to send it swimming tomorrow. I cast on and caught up monthly dishcloth KAL, waiting for day 4 rows. I did go up to an 8 rather than the suggested 6 or 7, as the notes said it was a small cloth and it is only 32 stitches wide. I quickly decided it would be easy to add 4 stitches (2 border and 2 just inside it.) make it bigger and a row or two longer as well. I wonder what it is as I cannot tell yet. I still have not cast on my 6 sox! I have decided what (2) yarns. Now to split a 100 gram skein in two get them wound the same way! pick the correct size needles, and start knitting. Almost had time to tat or crochet at the library tonight. However, I was diverted. One son needed a mom to help him cut back to checking out what he could almost carry!!! I still had to help him, we did put a big pile back 1/2 the Beresteins, 1/2 Curious Georges, 1/2 the graphic illustrated, and I know there was another bunch. ( I am talking 4-8 of each)

We called oldest dear son tonight. He is getting good grades in college it sounds like. Even though he ref.'ed volleyball last year he could not help with the volleyball crossword where ds 15 was stuck, before the Tracfone ran out I also made an extra call to dad. I would have loved to call dh's mom. I just could not get the timing right. Both nights it was too late before I thought about calling. It was bad enough when we lived in the same time zone. Now since she moved 6 years ago it seems impossible. I wonder if she has e-mail again, yet, it has been quite a while since we last heard from her, again.

In school the youngest two were excited to start trying to carve today. 10 year old is working hard at it. 7 year old wants results now done for him. He must learn. There printing is getting much better I am glad I am trying to use WRTR again with a timer this time. Math they are making good progress. Reading 10 year old is much improved. 7 year old must take school more seriously. Oh my I have been writing for a half hour. Time to call it a day. Pictures soon I hope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map