It is GONE!
What did I do today? I took my son to his class at the government school as it was pretty windy. I drove by the lighted rotating billboard and saw some thing about Radio Dubuque and Finley Hospital then lower I saw Locks of Love. It has been as close as I can figure 8 years since I mailed them 14" of my hair. I challenged some one about a year ago if they would I would but then they never replied so I would just go get my 1/2" cut off every 3-4 months. The second time I went through that intersection that add did not come back up. The third time I got to read it only it did not give too much information. I knew it would not be at the radio station office. Since the hospital is near the government school I decided to stop on our way home. It was between the 4-8 P.M. and the only chance I would get. So I walked through the hospital to the Cancer Center lobby. The lady at the table offered to help, but was not the one who checks you in. She stumbled around until the other lady came back. They wrote down my name and had me wait. They asked and said a chair was open then I waited quite a while. (Not quite sure what was going on with that.) However, the lady had me sit. Asked if I had a style in mind, to which I answered "Just bob it." So we started discussing how much to take off. I knew they needed 10 inches so she measured. I said you can take a little more. I think she took about 2-3 inches more. She put on four pony tail holders and started braiding those four, added and second pony tail holder and cut. By the time she evened it up it is shorter than I would have liked. Always happens when a short haired hair cutter cuts my hair, such is life. My 13 year old said, "Now you look more like grandma," right away. Oh thanks! NOT! Then after church he said, "I do not like it."
I replied "I love you too, son." Well I know it is true such is life. I wonder if mom will know who I am tomorrow. Yikes, I did not think about that! She still had her memory the last time I had it cut. Oh, I hope she does not drive dad batty with who I am. Like my grandpa did my grandma about me when he had forgotten me.
I wonder when it is that dad will be going to TN with dear brother. I think we all know it is likely the last time any of us will see or hear from his three children. I wonder what his girl friend will do with him gone? Who will protect her from her dangerous (live in) boy friend from her recent past, my brother is protecting her from?
Brother White was excellent, filling in tonight. We get as much of God as we want. How much of him do we really want? (Super condensed version. I took my new bag to church and no one noticed that! =-(
Mrs. Jeager and her daughter Mrs. Johnson had the best reaction to my hair missing. Going around to the other side of the nursery and sneaking up to look at my hair. Then proclaiming I told you it was gone. LOL The newest Mrs. Tigges had the next best with "Turn around!" Then I told you Mrs. Evens. The newest Mrs. Johnson was sweet with "Your hair looks nice. Why did you cut it?"I suspect she had some of her own news they shared with his parents, but I was not in on that or sure how to ask nicely. They were just married in August 12, I think it was.
knitting - No real progress to report. I did separate the Lion Brand Magic Stripes. I was furious to find not one but TWO Knots in it! I would have to be REAL cheap for me to ever purchase it again! Big disappointment. After winding from each end to find near middle. We stopped by dh's office after church weighed and decided to cut. Came home and rewound one so they would stripe the same way. Must buy quality yarns. I do not knot my work so why should I try to work with them! I will work together, Russian join, felt any thing to avoid a knot so now I will have to take these out and do some thing. URG! Very disappointing! I need to go do today's rows on the dishcloth still.
Now where is that camera. I Better go.
I replied "I love you too, son." Well I know it is true such is life. I wonder if mom will know who I am tomorrow. Yikes, I did not think about that! She still had her memory the last time I had it cut. Oh, I hope she does not drive dad batty with who I am. Like my grandpa did my grandma about me when he had forgotten me.
I wonder when it is that dad will be going to TN with dear brother. I think we all know it is likely the last time any of us will see or hear from his three children. I wonder what his girl friend will do with him gone? Who will protect her from her dangerous (live in) boy friend from her recent past, my brother is protecting her from?
Brother White was excellent, filling in tonight. We get as much of God as we want. How much of him do we really want? (Super condensed version. I took my new bag to church and no one noticed that! =-(
Mrs. Jeager and her daughter Mrs. Johnson had the best reaction to my hair missing. Going around to the other side of the nursery and sneaking up to look at my hair. Then proclaiming I told you it was gone. LOL The newest Mrs. Tigges had the next best with "Turn around!" Then I told you Mrs. Evens. The newest Mrs. Johnson was sweet with "Your hair looks nice. Why did you cut it?"I suspect she had some of her own news they shared with his parents, but I was not in on that or sure how to ask nicely. They were just married in August 12, I think it was.
knitting - No real progress to report. I did separate the Lion Brand Magic Stripes. I was furious to find not one but TWO Knots in it! I would have to be REAL cheap for me to ever purchase it again! Big disappointment. After winding from each end to find near middle. We stopped by dh's office after church weighed and decided to cut. Came home and rewound one so they would stripe the same way. Must buy quality yarns. I do not knot my work so why should I try to work with them! I will work together, Russian join, felt any thing to avoid a knot so now I will have to take these out and do some thing. URG! Very disappointing! I need to go do today's rows on the dishcloth still.
Now where is that camera. I Better go.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home