Finally Started the Crystals
Finally Started the Crystals
Lets back way up before I started this blog. Last Christmas I saw Smithsonian Crystal Growing kits many palaces, so I asked for and received one for Christmas from one of my sons. I thought it would be fun to do for school. So in Jan. or Feb. I started reading the instruction to see if we could start. I needed to gather a few things. I got some baby food bottles with lids from Freecycle out of town so it took a little longer. I had saved some Raggue sauce type of jars and gotten a a couple more pairs of safety goggles. By the time I was ready to start I knew we were moving. So I packed it all up to do at the new house. We moved in early May were settled in for the most part in a couple of weeks but changing schedules into summer and now back into school mode kept us from it sooner.
So today we started the crystals so I wonder as the boys do if how long they will take? What they will look like? Anything along that line. I think I saw some better rocks in the rock garden when I was seeing dh off to class between work and school.
School was different as always the government school told my 13 year old football practice was canceled. so that freed up our afternoon. My friend canceled working with my 10 year old which is fine. Then there was the water in the basement by the shop. Where is it coming in? What is it going to ruin? How can we redirect it and to where?
Knitters club is meeting to night a week late and I will not be able to make it for a long while. Still I hope to sneak out when dh gets home from his MBA classes. The boys need to be at Boy Scouts in less than 30 minutes. NO time to knit tat or chochet yet today. I hope to soon though.
The new one is up! I want to do several http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/index.html
May be I will reflect on 09-11-2001 in the future. I have listened to all I could all day. Ds 13 as how old our G-4 is today, interesting as we purchased it 5 years ago this week things like that stick out. Another is how dh had taken a vacation day to go to our annual trip to Chicago to watch the Cubs play baseball later that week when they canceled the game we went shopping instead in the Outlet Mall along the way there.
Lets back way up before I started this blog. Last Christmas I saw Smithsonian Crystal Growing kits many palaces, so I asked for and received one for Christmas from one of my sons. I thought it would be fun to do for school. So in Jan. or Feb. I started reading the instruction to see if we could start. I needed to gather a few things. I got some baby food bottles with lids from Freecycle out of town so it took a little longer. I had saved some Raggue sauce type of jars and gotten a a couple more pairs of safety goggles. By the time I was ready to start I knew we were moving. So I packed it all up to do at the new house. We moved in early May were settled in for the most part in a couple of weeks but changing schedules into summer and now back into school mode kept us from it sooner.
So today we started the crystals so I wonder as the boys do if how long they will take? What they will look like? Anything along that line. I think I saw some better rocks in the rock garden when I was seeing dh off to class between work and school.
School was different as always the government school told my 13 year old football practice was canceled. so that freed up our afternoon. My friend canceled working with my 10 year old which is fine. Then there was the water in the basement by the shop. Where is it coming in? What is it going to ruin? How can we redirect it and to where?
Knitters club is meeting to night a week late and I will not be able to make it for a long while. Still I hope to sneak out when dh gets home from his MBA classes. The boys need to be at Boy Scouts in less than 30 minutes. NO time to knit tat or chochet yet today. I hope to soon though.
The new one is up! I want to do several http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/index.html
May be I will reflect on 09-11-2001 in the future. I have listened to all I could all day. Ds 13 as how old our G-4 is today, interesting as we purchased it 5 years ago this week things like that stick out. Another is how dh had taken a vacation day to go to our annual trip to Chicago to watch the Cubs play baseball later that week when they canceled the game we went shopping instead in the Outlet Mall along the way there.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home