Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day


Where to start? I had a false start on the bag I am making for an exchange. =-( So I get to frog and start over. The good side of that is I was not too far along.

Ds 19 decided not to stop at the picnic on his way back to school, even though it was <30 minutes away. However, he did decide to make us drive there and take him and Daren (feminine) out to eat at the restaurant of his choosing. Weird name for a girl she knows it too. Scary, she remind me of me. While he has mentioned her to dear dad, he has never mentioned her to me, other than he went to a friend house one weekend this summer and it was hers! I was not prepared to meet her today. Yet after ds called dad this afternoon I knew that is what he had planned with out telling either of us that is what was up.

The W's picnic was nice, still it was different not having the church picnic here in town. The only W's were us then dh dad and wife. His dad two sisters and spouses were there, since it was at the oldest sister's daughter home the Z's were all there. His dad's younger sister had both his her older son and younger son there. Her daughter was not, but she lives a good distance away with a 19 year old son as well, if he is still at home. The younger son brought his finance. They plan to get married one of the two Camp Achor weekends in 2007. The older boy brought his two youngest a son and a daughter, while his older (step) son (22) did not make it.

This was the second time one of our sons has ever asked about arriving at the destination, which for as many times as he asked in the first hour and a half I thought I would go nuts. He stopped asking, still that make a 3-4 hour trip longer. He was so excited about this trip for most of a week. Well I better go frog that bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map