Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Ididtarod

For the second year in as many, we are following the Iditarod race. Our school choose Jeff King this year, to follow. While our 10 year old has been watching Lance Mackey very closely. I keep an eye out for Paul Gebhardt, Trent Herbst (was our rookie last year), and Kim Darst (Rookie). I still have not found any reason why Warnke racing from Canada has just up and disapeared, Clint Warnke? We learn more about Alaska each time. What a BIG State! I would love to go visit for the Iditarod or in the summer at least on time. The Anchorage Daily news said Lance should get into Nome about late Tuesday or Early Wednesday. Today we got the ingredients for 5 Iditarod party recipies. We had the Dog Sleds tonight. The boys like them but they are on the sweet side. The cracker was the only thing not sweet in them so what do you expect. Still then had fun making a dozen of them, with the three candy bars I bought. I am guessing they might want to make more with out as we have plenty of all else left runners, cargo, cargo cover, handles and glue.

Jeff King and Paul Gebhardt both moved down in possition a fair piece today. I hope they can make up some ground tomorrow. Paul has been dropping a dog at most checkpoints, or every other it seems, I have wondered if that is whathas been slowing him. But last year he did it to gain position. Hummm, I wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map