Blessed!
I wanted to write this yesterday, well life does not always allow for what we want. Que sera sera. Still as the new year started I could not help but think about how Blessed I am. So I thought I should reflect on that.
I am live, breathing, generally happy.
I am loved by God, my parents did while alive, my husband, and while moodier about it our 5 sons, as well as a few others.
I have food, shelter and clothing
I should stop here but it was some of these physical things that made me start thinking about it in the first places so I will go on to some of the newer things from November and December.
I had wanted a iPhone for over a year, close to a year and a half. November 9, dh said Merry Christmas, and bought me one. He had been saying they are too expensive, so I was blown away by it. I have some trouble with my cheek hitting mute, and dealing with a call coming in while on it. Still it does so much I like it. Which is quite the contrast to my old Samsung that worked and did not as it wanted to.
Jemima, I do not know why I find about every three years I want a dog. Our first couple of attempts were enough to make me think I should not ever do it again. Still the boys ganging up on me/us (dh) when I was read a library book about 9 years ago got us to try again. With enough studying up before hand then saved and learned more. We bought Lieb at 4 months old from the pound. We loved her, trained her, and most was going well. Until one day, the boys disobeyed, the neighbor lied, the insurance company said put her down, we said no for about a year. She was getting more aggressive with the boys so I had her but to sleep. Then dh was told he was developing an allergy to cats. I was not sure I wanted to risk dogs. Well ds 15 had a rabbit out side for a year or two, then she died. Now in our dog search I read about several breeds that would be good for our family and life style. Still they were a lot more then the $100 for Lieb from the pound, we just did not have the money. I had chosen a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, We tried a rescued one who could not handle a family of 7. So I met a breeder of Caviler King Charles Spaniel, I could not afford one from the breeder I talked to. So when I read about a $50 one an hour north of where my parents lived. I looked into it, knowing something not as it should be. Well she was very abused, the vet did not expect her to live. We changed her name to Jemima, she is a older, tri-colored Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is so calm and sweet. We got her November 30th.
One son had a birthday in Nov. While another had his in December. These two always kick off birthday season for our family. From Novembers to Decembers was the time they were all 21, 18, 15, 12, & 9. We have one in each month to April with the sons and July if we through in our birthday and anniversary. Only Jan is empty.
So we had been talking about getting a second auto for a long time. Now the mini van was paid for in May. 6 months earlier than we we scheduled to be. So we set side the payments to replace it or get an second car. Wanting to get something for cash we had saved I had some criteria to meet as well- small economical, yet nice ride (Hard combination!), no Fords, no green and a manual transmission. not too hard, or so I thought. Now last spring I saw a beautiful blue bug at the dealership I go to for service, the problem was it was 4x what we would have saved. We did not want to go in debt for it so we looked and looked. For what we had saved, what we had found I did not believe would be safe for the trips it would need to be making. so we kept looking and waiting. dh called about insuring the bug after we test drove it, too high. So we looked and looked. I called about loaning the difference, it could be done for what we had been saving on a two year loan. The more I prayed and looked the more I did not like what we found and got confused. So I prayed. God told me to trust Him, then my dh so about 5 days later we picked up that cute bug! I like driving it. It may be 3 years older than the van but it is nicer is some way and I missed driving a manual transmission. So I believe I am blessed to be saved and have God supplying so many wants that are not needs.
I am live, breathing, generally happy.
I am loved by God, my parents did while alive, my husband, and while moodier about it our 5 sons, as well as a few others.
I have food, shelter and clothing
I should stop here but it was some of these physical things that made me start thinking about it in the first places so I will go on to some of the newer things from November and December.
I had wanted a iPhone for over a year, close to a year and a half. November 9, dh said Merry Christmas, and bought me one. He had been saying they are too expensive, so I was blown away by it. I have some trouble with my cheek hitting mute, and dealing with a call coming in while on it. Still it does so much I like it. Which is quite the contrast to my old Samsung that worked and did not as it wanted to.
Jemima, I do not know why I find about every three years I want a dog. Our first couple of attempts were enough to make me think I should not ever do it again. Still the boys ganging up on me/us (dh) when I was read a library book about 9 years ago got us to try again. With enough studying up before hand then saved and learned more. We bought Lieb at 4 months old from the pound. We loved her, trained her, and most was going well. Until one day, the boys disobeyed, the neighbor lied, the insurance company said put her down, we said no for about a year. She was getting more aggressive with the boys so I had her but to sleep. Then dh was told he was developing an allergy to cats. I was not sure I wanted to risk dogs. Well ds 15 had a rabbit out side for a year or two, then she died. Now in our dog search I read about several breeds that would be good for our family and life style. Still they were a lot more then the $100 for Lieb from the pound, we just did not have the money. I had chosen a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, We tried a rescued one who could not handle a family of 7. So I met a breeder of Caviler King Charles Spaniel, I could not afford one from the breeder I talked to. So when I read about a $50 one an hour north of where my parents lived. I looked into it, knowing something not as it should be. Well she was very abused, the vet did not expect her to live. We changed her name to Jemima, she is a older, tri-colored Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is so calm and sweet. We got her November 30th.
One son had a birthday in Nov. While another had his in December. These two always kick off birthday season for our family. From Novembers to Decembers was the time they were all 21, 18, 15, 12, & 9. We have one in each month to April with the sons and July if we through in our birthday and anniversary. Only Jan is empty.
So we had been talking about getting a second auto for a long time. Now the mini van was paid for in May. 6 months earlier than we we scheduled to be. So we set side the payments to replace it or get an second car. Wanting to get something for cash we had saved I had some criteria to meet as well- small economical, yet nice ride (Hard combination!), no Fords, no green and a manual transmission. not too hard, or so I thought. Now last spring I saw a beautiful blue bug at the dealership I go to for service, the problem was it was 4x what we would have saved. We did not want to go in debt for it so we looked and looked. For what we had saved, what we had found I did not believe would be safe for the trips it would need to be making. so we kept looking and waiting. dh called about insuring the bug after we test drove it, too high. So we looked and looked. I called about loaning the difference, it could be done for what we had been saving on a two year loan. The more I prayed and looked the more I did not like what we found and got confused. So I prayed. God told me to trust Him, then my dh so about 5 days later we picked up that cute bug! I like driving it. It may be 3 years older than the van but it is nicer is some way and I missed driving a manual transmission. So I believe I am blessed to be saved and have God supplying so many wants that are not needs.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home