Comfort Quilt, DS, School, Knitting, Family

Well I do not know what has kept me from posting but life has been throwing all sorts of things my way. Good and bad. Lets skip most of the bad. =-)
My dear friend made a quilt out of my dad's clothes that we threw away. Whole-ly, ripped- jeans and flannel shirts, She added to both but you can get a lot of fabric out of 52-56 inch pants and 2x-3x shirts. I thought she would use his green work pants for some of her charity work she does. She instead choose the flannel shirts and blue jeans. Since she does not drive she had me come over yesterday and pick it up. Isn't it LOVELY!!!! So the sun was in the wrong place for me to be taking pictures there but I think you can see it.
Choosing the back was not and easy thing to do. This is about dad not me. He like likely most people was interested in many things. So it was hard to pick a backing while my good friend was stuck at home sick by doctors orders. (Two weeks would have had me climbing the walls. ) Where she sent me there was really only two others I considered. The blue horse one looked the best with the top but the horses were only one big part, of many parts of his life. John Deere did not look good with the top and yet his 35 years there and collection of JD in his home, are another big part of his life. Yet he had told me many times he wanted a military funeral, He had proudly served in the Korean Conflict (War). He was a member of the American Legion, and 40/8. I figured the flags and his love of being an American summed up his love of people, fishing, sports, family, grandchildren and so much more that made up his life.
Well here we have a project dear son started last year sometime after his younger brother finished his. Since I had yarn in the house we did not by any and he wanted to make it a LOT bigger, I said use up what we have. He worked on it for a while but as we bought a different house and packed he put it a side. He just went back to working on it about 2 weeks ago and look he is done. He decided he wants to make it one row longer. But I think it is a nice size now. This did not cost any thing as no yarn was purchased for this afghan. all were leftovers, nice scrap afghan son, good job!! Did I mention he had a birthday last week, wow he is growing up before our eyes.School- I got it this time. I had to watch it 3-4 times. But I got it. Have you ever figured the square root of a number with out a calculator? Well Lesson 30 in Math U See' Pre-Algebra taught it. I was missing the last step and it was not making sense to me but I got it now. It is pretty cool. A little hard understand. I need to check on the one in Alpha and Gamma to make sure they are getting it. We are getting to the end of book 8 in the American Adventure series by Lee Roddy. DS 8 Needs to read out loud more. I am not sure which Robinson books they are in I better check on that too.
Weight- I lost a pound!!! Yeah I moved past the plateau. I wonder If I have the courage to post where I am OR what I have lost some time soon? I can tell you it feels great to be in a size of clothes I have not wore for 6 years. AND They are not tight. YEAH!
I have been knitting a little and frogging a lot! I even frogged a little of the baby afghan I crocheted a little while ago. So currently working on Six Sox, Spring Time in Paris, in a red from Perel. It feels nice to work with, the crochet baby afghan, the knit baby afghan. I started to weave the tail on the last dish cloth but still need to weave a few stitches more.
Mom is getting worse again. Her care taker called yesterday, she has not recognised my brothers recently. I wonder how taking her to eye doctor will go. My dear youngest brother is still a matter of MUCH prayer. He is having surgery March 29, 2007. Now they, (him and his girl friend), are choosing to harass me by email. One day they will figure out I am not fighting with them. I have not been. I just do know how to get her book back to her. May be I should mail it but I would like to give her, her Christmas present which is sort of close to finished, just not there.


1 Comments:
At Thu Mar 15, 10:09:00 AM PDT,
JenBin said…
Beautiful quilt!
Post a Comment
<< Home