Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Friday, August 25, 2006

08/25/06

What a day. =-) I have spent a couple of the most pleasurable and frustrating days with dear son 13 years old. Dear Husband had said last Saturday this son could get a bunny from freecycle. That was his pet of choice a few years ago when he research and did a school report for my friend on a pet.

However, last December at DH's physical the doctor said I think you are getting allergies to your cat. Well since we moved he has been breathing easier, cat less, and we all miss our fur babies. So DH said no letting it hop around in the house. So we have been out looking for rabbit supplies. After finding a hutch we really liked but could not afford dear son decided to build is own. So we measured and he just started building with no prior experience, direction, and left the diagram I made for the hutch in the house and has been building for three days now.

It is looking like he will have a nice hutch, but today was the day I hoped to go get bunny and not a word from the party we were to get it from. Nothing in 5 days. So he may need to buy one as he will have it's home all made soon. We made it as much like a store bought Rabbitat double hutch as we could. Only we did make a few changes, we left out the center so bunny will have more room unless he gets a second rabbit at some day. We added wheels to one end and like barn handles to the other end so we can move it if we need to,made he top hinged so we can modify it at a later date, do repairs or what not, oh, and we made it out of 2" x 4" and 1" x 1" 's, not the 1 x 2". The 1" x 1" 's we had left over from some recent deck work on the house and have been very helpful. It is probably good we did not get bunny today. Names I have heard in include "Taste's like Chicken," Bouncer, and Enforcer. Tonight after work dad finally took some time to help him with the whole project and it is looking much better for it. Still no bunny living at the W house, yet, like I had expected.

Now all this has dear son 10, and dear son 7 wanting a pet of choice as well. One is thinking lizard and one is thinking turtle. Time will tell if they are serious. Dear son 19, really had MY dog as he did the most training with her and she loved him more than anyone else. Dear son 15 had Melvin, his pet love bird. He got him from a breeder out of town, with our birdlady friend. They are both with Samson, waiting for us at the rainbow bridge.

Knitting I did not get much done today. Yet today is the last day to sign up for the tot exchange so we are three days until I know who my partner will be. Then to read what she wants decide on a pattern and bag and get started. Does that mean I have three days to finish swish with a Twist dishcloth? and My Companion Bag? Oh, know I better go knit and tat let's not forget the tat-a-long!

School has been too much fight the last couple of days with the hutch building happening. Still There is an education to be had in hutch building 101 so all is not lost. =-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map