More about State Fair
Yesterday, I ran out of time. I will see if I can get farther or done today.
Well I drug the information that we were going to the State Fair on the 14 out of him just 10 days before hand. No time to save for something so hoped for. Then I was told the reason I was not told sooner was because I would talk about it? So be quite about something you have wanted so long! =-( So I did as I was told. I put it out of my mind as much as I could so I did not mess it up more.
Iowa Private College Week interrupted and filled last week very unexpectedly. I think I already wrote about that. I was busy all week. Then the Straw poll on Saturday filled Saturday. Our Sundays are always full. Sunday night I was told figure out what I wanted to do at the Iowa State Fair. This Monday I did not have a lot to do but I did have a few things. So I moved slowly in the morning, went to my friends. She wanted me to pick up some of her school books and weight loss books before she went in for open heart surgery. I had dropped off the Boys Scout returns to the redemption center on Friday, I could call to see if they were done after 2:00 and I forgot to take a friend some thing to church Sunday evening she had asked about Sunday morning.
Dh's work has for years given the employees a half day off for the state fair, that work in the capitol city. While we are about 3.5-4 hours away, he had a meeting in the morning that was scheduled to be from 10-12. So we got on the road about 6:30 well 6:45-6:50 by the time the youngest found his shoe. We drove! Getting there about as dh needed to be at his meeting.
The boys and i had a few hours to kill. We drove around knowing we are in a strange city in an auto with resident county plates. YIKES! My son asked to go to some place I did not know how to find. So we drove East. We found a mall and stopped. We got back to Dh's work about 3-4 minutes before noon. We waited. About 12:20 the youngest called dad to see where he was. He could barely hear dad and could not tell us what he said. Dad came out and we were on our way.
Parking was full in many lots.
Well I drug the information that we were going to the State Fair on the 14 out of him just 10 days before hand. No time to save for something so hoped for. Then I was told the reason I was not told sooner was because I would talk about it? So be quite about something you have wanted so long! =-( So I did as I was told. I put it out of my mind as much as I could so I did not mess it up more.
Iowa Private College Week interrupted and filled last week very unexpectedly. I think I already wrote about that. I was busy all week. Then the Straw poll on Saturday filled Saturday. Our Sundays are always full. Sunday night I was told figure out what I wanted to do at the Iowa State Fair. This Monday I did not have a lot to do but I did have a few things. So I moved slowly in the morning, went to my friends. She wanted me to pick up some of her school books and weight loss books before she went in for open heart surgery. I had dropped off the Boys Scout returns to the redemption center on Friday, I could call to see if they were done after 2:00 and I forgot to take a friend some thing to church Sunday evening she had asked about Sunday morning.
Dh's work has for years given the employees a half day off for the state fair, that work in the capitol city. While we are about 3.5-4 hours away, he had a meeting in the morning that was scheduled to be from 10-12. So we got on the road about 6:30 well 6:45-6:50 by the time the youngest found his shoe. We drove! Getting there about as dh needed to be at his meeting.
The boys and i had a few hours to kill. We drove around knowing we are in a strange city in an auto with resident county plates. YIKES! My son asked to go to some place I did not know how to find. So we drove East. We found a mall and stopped. We got back to Dh's work about 3-4 minutes before noon. We waited. About 12:20 the youngest called dad to see where he was. He could barely hear dad and could not tell us what he said. Dad came out and we were on our way.
Parking was full in many lots.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home