Shalifa's World

A Place for me to talk about life. Being a Christain I may talk about that, home educating, family, crafts, pets or any thing else that comes to mind.

Monday, August 13, 2007

So Much

I do not even know where to begin. I past my one year blog anniversary and the date I had been waiting for, for 9 5/6 years! I am glad I did something at the mid point!

Last week our youngest had Adventurer Day Camp daily, planned. We did not have much else planned. As I took him the first day I was listening to the radio. They were at a college talking about Iowa Private College Week. When I thought about how our second born was thinking he might like to go to one of the Iowa private colleges in our fair city. I considered what they were wanting for IPCW, I knew could work that in.

So getting there about 9:33 after the 9:30 we needed to be there by. We got a little different view of Loras. In the afternoon we had the boys physicals planned so we had to wait for Wednesday to do another college visit. Tuesday we a planned to take mom to the Dr. and get her lawn mowed as it rained to much on Saturday to get it done. I dropped the boys at moms place and took her to the Dr. She had some kind of seizure or something so we spent 4 hours in the emergency room. Wednesday morning we could not visit a college be the cross country coach had planned the "Meeting" turning in physicals and getting locker assignments. We made it to Clarke early for our visit. We had the president walk up to us and start talking as hey called us in for introductions and a cute skit. After the CC meeting the boys had a friend come home with them.I invited him along to the college tour and both my second born and he liked Clarke. The smallest Iowa public University was piggy backing with sessions at the same time as IPCW, since our second born had them on his list of three schools I knew we could get over there. Dad had been a student there when he was on lay off one time from John Deere in the adjoining city. I asked about a college a half hour north that is a Iowa Private College they know for it wrestling program. I know my sons love wrestling because of our oldest love for it. When I was first told no I was fine with that, yet I was later told to visit it. So plans were made to visit a school no one wanted to go to and one my son was thinking about. Because slight differences in what was planned We went to Wartburg in Waverly, Iowa fist, followed by University of Northern Iowa (UNI) in Cedar Falls second. All loved Wartburg, 2nd ds, 3rd ds, 4th ds, the friend, and the girl friend. While the public UNI is now ranked 3rd on 2nd dear sons list it is still an option he is thinking about. The friend has it on his list as well. The girlfriend did not like UNI, and I think 3rd dear son is not interested in UNI. We The friend joined us for University of Dubuque. While the boys were impressed with the coaches talking to them there they did not like UD.

Second dear son wants to spend a day visiting Wartburg and Clarke. So that will be our next step on the road to finding a college.

Being a Iowan who votes! I went to the straw poll Saturday! What a difference from the only other time I went 8 years ago. This time we drove down, not rode a bus. So we could control when we went, and returned. We had more freedom roam all the candidates and be accosted by all the issues people. I did not get any candidates shirts. =-( I wanted to get two, oh well. We voted early. We had a problem in that we only had two ticket for entry to the speeches. Two voting tickets and twos sons we had no tickets for! So we could not go in. While the three of them choose to go get more ice cream. I sat under a tent and heard if you want to be on the floor when the candidate of my choice spoke be where we got our tickets within 10 minutes. I shot over there and got two for the boys. I did not even read them. We took our tickets and managed to get in.
We missed Romney, I had heard him in Dubuque
We did hear Tom Tancredo, Tommy Thompson, Ron Paul, Duncan Hunter, John Cox, Mike Huckabee, and Sam Brownback.

If I could have ranked them Mitt Romney and Ron Paul would be at the bottom of the list! T.Thompson and S. Brownback slightly higher. Tancredo a next higher with Duncan Hunter, John Cox and Mike Huckabee all fighting for the top. I did go voting for one of them I wish I could have voted for all three ranking them or ranking all of them. As I know from experience they will start dropping like flies, now. Tommy Thompson already has.

Every year as long as I can remember I have said I would like to go to the State Fair one year, with the family. Mind you I am talking about the Iowa State Fair that has origins back farther than Iowa has been a state! The one plays and movies have been made about, one on the big list of things ones must do in there life. About a month ago DH asked what I was doing the 14 August. I did not have anything written down yet and was told to keep it open. Then a friend had her open heart surgery scheduled for that day, only it was moved late last week. i knew he had used all his vacation days so what was he planning. One day I stumbled across the date on a brochure that was at the public library. I wondered could it be, he would take us. No he would want to share that and let us make plans for it. Then in late July he told me I would know soon. It was August 4 I still did not know when we were driving back from my parents city and talking about it. He finally told me but did not want me to talk about it! so I was ecstatic and could not share it. Big bummer! So days later we are sitting at the supper table and he asked if I had told the boys? what? I was so busy with day camp, college visit, Dr. appointments, and not saying anything! I had so much else on my mind I forgot about it so I would not talk about it.
What good is that. I hope he is happy. I am no talking about it and last night he expected me too have planned out what I wanted to do there? I guess I should be working on that rather than my blog I better go. This book needs to end some where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

create your own visited states map